The grass is always more alluring on the other side.
Many women say that a summer pregnancy is worse than a winter one. I disagree. While it’s true that you can “hide” in mountains of wool and cashmere, these layers actually add extra pounds to your already expansive frame. Factor in a coat and you’ve got bulk. While it’s true that the heat of the summer months can cause additional swelling, warm weather dresses offer an element of sultriness that is tough to pull off in tundra like conditions. Why? Well, summery, light-as-air dresses celebrate a pregnant woman’s body. They play up décolletage, bare arms, neck and the slope of the shoulders, sexy hot spots where pregnancy weight does not manifest. The drape ‘n cling of the lightweight fabrics prove that the bump (and boobs) are, in fact, showstopping accessories. The best part? Fashion longevity. Because they are inherently drapey, most of these dresses will look great during your pregnancy and afterwards.
Here are some of my favorite summer dresses:
1. Nuka Maternity Sharnee maxi dress/skirt in Coral $96.99
2. Isabella Oliver striped ruched dress $159
3. Hatch soiree dress $348
4. Ella Moss rio maxi dress $268
5. Calypso St. Barth bloussant full maxi dress $250
6. Rachel Pally long fortuna dress $251
7. Destination Maternity A Pea in the Pod tiered dress $129.50
8. Ingrid & Isabel maxi tank dress $128
9. More of Me Maternity favorite shirtdress $170
10. Ingrid & Isabel waterfall dress $88
From Left to Right: Calypso St.Barth gold disc necklace $110 // Stella & Dot rebel pendant $79 // Stella & Dot cameron pendant $79 // Stella & Dot camilla ring $49 // Sequin NYC petra horn earrings $28 // Hive & Honey arrow drop earrings $22 // Sequin NYC tatijana cuff $178 // Tinley Road enamel bangles $26 each