Getting ready for the TODAY show segment
Moms detest bathing suit season. And, for good reason! 20 something size two women have no issue wriggling into a teeny, weeny bikini. But for real women—those with lumps, bumps and other unsightly bulges– there is an inimitable sense of dread attached to swimsuit hunting. I cast real women-size 8-14 –to show how the right swimsuit and thoughtful styling can make you look thinner, taller and glamorous!
GETTING GLAM IN THE GREEN ROOM WITH KATHIE LEE & DICK VAN DYKE!
- THE THREE Cs of swimsuit shopping: Construction , contrast, compression, cover-ups
- Elongate the neck and emphasize the décolletage
- Use big baubles for the beach..(say it 5 times fast!) like cuffs, rings and earrings to draw attention to the body parts you like and camouflage what you don’t
- A cover-up is a layering tool that masks a thousand flaws
- A subtle heel elongates the silhouette